Anyone looking to dive meters/1000 feet above sea level.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers who are at least 10 years old are eligible to take the Altitude Diver course.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Learning to adjust your dive plan for the reduced surface pressure at altitude is an important part of the course. You’ll complete two scuba dives and learn:
- Altitude dive planning, organization, procedures and techniques.
- How to adjust your dive computer for altitude diving or calculate altitude dive profiles using the RDP Table or eRDPMLTM.
- How to avoid problems and handle emergency situations, if they occur, at altitude.
- Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Two open water dives at altitude
- Knowledge development (classroom sessions, independent study)
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Your dive gear (mask, snorkel, exposure suit, fins, BCD, regulator, tank, weights)
- Bottom timer/watch (or dive computer)
- Missing some gear? Ask us about our rental packages!